8.25.2011

Another one on Facebook

anotherjohn dot com has met Facebook, and the two of them are playing well together. 

My timing was off.  Right before we went on vacation, I made a Facebook page for the blog.  About a dozen people were able to "Like" the page.  And then we left.  The number of "Likes" has stayed put, which is both good and bad.  Good because no one decided to leave.  Bad because no one else came on board.

Blog experts talk a lot about setting goals for your blog.  I have done that somewhat and have met my first goal.  It was pretty simple: Increase pageviews.  Although I should have, I did not put a number on that goal; it was simply to increase.  The pageviews lords must have heard me because we did increase in that area.  This is still a small-time blog.  However, before we averaged 20-30 pageviews a day.  Now, since I first set out to increase readership, we are a probably at 60-70. 

Good job, everyone!

Every post you forwarded or told someone else about helped us get there.  I will set a new goal soon, but in the mean time let's just soak this victory in.

So, what does this have to do with our Facebook page?  Well, developing the page would expose the blog to others who had not seen it yet, it was supposed.  Going on vacation, though, kept me from getting the word out more.  So, here we are. 

I'll be making an effort to clean up my mess.  Over the next several weeks I will find avenues to share the blog and its Facebook page.  Here is what you can do:

1) Keep reading.  It is a blessing to share with those of you who are already here.

2 Check out the Facebook page: Another John Dot Com.  While you are there, do not forget to select the "Like" button. 

3) Consider yourself thanked.

And that's it.  We'll keep doing our work together.  Thank you. 




P.S.  For an added bonus you could use one of your status updates to share the link.




0 Responses :