another john dot com

There are 5,446,646 people named John in the U.S. I'm just Another John.

Today's the Day

Today is our last weekly youth meeting for the school year. We'll do some stuff during the summer here and there. Our mission trip isn't going to happen. The organization we were a part of has dissolved. No worries.

To tell you the truth, I can't wait until the next school year. This year was a struggle for a number of reasons. Our youth ministry hasn't been where I would have thought it would be, or be doing. That is necessarily bad. It just means things didn't go the way I planned them. We've had some issues to take care of, and I think we've been doing that.

Now, I'm not looking forward to next year so I can be done with this one. No; the praying, planning and building has accumulated into a wealth of ideas and information. I truly believe we'll be able to start ministering with the these students on a different level than we have before. That said, we're not done.

My request is that you would continue to pray for:
the students in Bandera
our student ministers/leaders
discernment
I'll be out of town for the next several days. My number 2 sister (age, not rank) will be graduating Thursday night from High School. We'll leave Thursday afternoon and return Sunday evening. This should be the first Sunday back in the new sanctuary. You guys try to behave. Stay blessed...john

No comments: