5.25.2007

What Do You Think..

about the gas station owner who did not sell gas for 24 hours?

The owner of Towne Market Mobil in this suburb north of Milwaukee shut down his pumps for 24 hours, hoping to start a movement aimed at persuading oil companies to lower their prices.

"Somebody out there is making money at these prices, but not me," said Pollack, 57. "So I just thought: What can I do to help the consumer?"

That is an exert from an Associated Press article today. You can read the entire article here. Interestingly enough I can't figure out what I would want to write down about this. Okay, I'll think out loud on this one--hey I can always use the delete key.

Can we call the man heroic, or a consumer advocate? Probably not, at least not at this point. But at least he tried something. Why do we think all our ideas have to "work" for them to mean something. Oh yes, even in the church, but I won't go there right now. Your ideas/work should be meaningful to you. If they are you have a great likelihood of reaching others. Maybe you won't "win them over," but at least they know what you stand for.

Oh, I could so make that into a sermon right now about the importance of taking a stand in our culture. But I won't. You are spared. Stay blessed...john


0 Responses :