another john dot com

There are 5,446,646 people named John in the U.S. I'm just Another John.

Remodeling

Most of you are aware of the remodeling project going on in our church sanctuary. I read a story from home that the city of Galveston is looking to build two resort hotels on the west end of the island. The area they have targeted is where I spend the last years living.

It'll be interesting, at least for me, to see how that will develop. I'm not against it or anything. But for me it was another message to my heart. When the remodel began in the church I took our youth group for a short tour and talked about what they would be doing.

It was a good starter to go into a talk about remodeling, or renewing, our lives. And it definitely coincides with the small series were on now (The Power of a Changed Life). The key verse for this series is Romans 12:1:
Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.

This is a good time for us all to reflect on how we can change our lives--whether we're new to the faith or not. Are there areas we need a little remodeling done? We see what kind of work God can do in creation; what could He do with our lives if we consecrated them to Him? Stay blessed...john

No comments: