1.31.2012

Even!

So many of us in the church have yet to experience the healing power of God.  Well, maybe we feel like God healed a physical condition or two over the years.  Yes, that is healing.  I wonder, though, if we think about the healing of God in terms of wholeness and peace, the peace only God can give.  That is what I think the church is lacking.

Some focus on physical healing because it brings the house down and people get excited about it.  Some think their mental and spiritual well-being is not that important, that what they face in those regard are just their cross to bear.  Addiction?  Oh, that's someone's problem they need to fix.  You know, pull themselves up by their bootstraps. 

We miss the many ways we need God's healing.  And we miss the fact that God wants to heal us.  Hear again what Jesus told his troubled disciples: Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you (John 14:27).

Our faith reminds us that God has the power to heal.  When we give God authority our healing begins. 

That is the message in this week's sermon entitled "Even!"  I was told this was a meaningful sermon for several people who first heard it last Sunday.  My prayer is that it would be God's word for you, too.

++If you are reading by email or news reader, click here to listen to the sermon.++


0 Responses :