9.02.2011

Have a pun weekend!

I love lame puns.  Sue me. 

For our newsletter this month, while using the illustration of a doctor's office to talk about waiting on God, I, yes I, said something about having patients.  And for our weekly Bible study, concentrating on Ephesians' prayer for the Gentiles to be "rooted and grounded" in love, I mentioned that everything we do should "stem" from our love of God. 

It does not matter how corny they are.  The only thing that matters is that you are able to pull them off.  The word is still out if I did.

That is my confession to you today.  I am guessing, however, that deep down you love a good pun, too.  So, enjoy your weekend, and these puns I found online:

  • Velcro: What a rip off.
  • I invented a machine to get spice from the future: The Thyme Machine
  • I stayed up all night wondering where the sun had gone, then it dawned on me.
  • How did I get out of Irag?  I ran.
  • Gives you dead batteries, free of charge.
  • Why couldn't the butcher reach the meat?  The steaks were too high!
  • A painter paints a wall for free, it's on the house.
  • Venison for dinner? Oh, deer!
  • Did you hear about the guy addicted to brake fluid?  He said he could stop at anytime.
  • I read "Walden" and "Civil Disobedience." I took Thoreau notes.
  • I'm reading a book about anti-gravity.  It's impossible to put down.

0 Responses :