6.26.2007

okay, so I finished


the Mr. Rogers book. I wanted to share with you a couple of lines from it that were important to me.
Fred Rogers was one of those who was very far advanced in the Lord's service and who often employed the prayer of silence. It wasn't just the absence of noise he advocated, but silence that reflects on the goodness of God, the goodness of what and whom He made......He knew that silence leads to reflection, that reflection leads to appreciation, and that appreciation looks about for someone to thank: "I trust that they will thank God, for it is God who inspires and informs all that is nourishing and good...."
Psalms 91:1,2 "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust."

Stay blessed...john

1 Responses :

John said...

He was a true holy man. He was unlike any other person, so "perfected in love", as the Apostle John might say. I still like to watch his show from time to time just to hear his soothing voice.