8.06.2012

Will Work for Non-Perishable Food

First, I have to apologize for the sound quality of this sermon. Hopefully, though, I won't have to apologize for the sermon quality of this sermon. I think I might have had the lapel mic off during the sermon. Man, I miss my sound guy! But we're getting things figured out.
The title of this sermon is Will Work for Non-Perishable Food and is based upon John 6:24-35. Oh, how we are more than willing to work for the things we think we want. The saying we learned around the dinner table is true: If we're hungry, we'll eat anything. We are hungry for many things: love; comfort; security; satisfaction, etc. Our tendency, though, is to feed those hungers with things that are not God. Consequently, we are only left more hungry.

It's a cycle many of us know well. We think a bottle will bring comfort, but it only leads to another bottle. We think the mouse click will brink satisfaction, but it only leads to another click. And on and on. Jesus promised us that "whoever comes to me will never be hungry and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty." As one hungry beggar to another, I have come to believe that to be true. May it be true for you, too.

++If you are reading by email or news reader, click here to listen to the sermon.++


Stay blessed...john

0 Responses :