10.27.2011

One newsletter for another


I have had to put our church newsletter aside. BOOOOOO!

It was a lot of work, and, even though I enjoyed the work, there have been so many other things I must get done--people actually expect me to say stuff on Sunday mornings! Before the first of December, I MUST submit all my paperwork for my, hopefully, commissioning in June. There is no way around that. Of course, sermons are a must, too. I also have reflection papers related to my internship that must be turned in. That is a lot of MUSTs. Add to all that meetings, Bible studies and other events and you can see how something had to give.

The newsletter was the only thing that was not a must. So, for now, we have stopped the press on our newsletter. We are expecting (Praying) someone(s) to step up and keep it going. In the mean time, I do have a newsletter to share. It is not from our church. Our church, however, is associated with the organization. The Family Promise Network is a wonderful ways churches work together to help families in need.

In particular, city networks are set up to help families with children who are homeless. In a nutshell, churches open their facilities for one week at a time so that families can have a place to sleep. During the day families go to a day center where they are able to continue to search for more permanent housing. The churches also provide meals for the families. Essentially, each church offers a safe, stable place to sleep, one week at a time.

There are many other details I have not touched on. If you would like more information just let me know. For now, you can view the Irving network's latest newsletter.

++If you are reading by email or news reader, click here to view the newsletter.++ Have you had any experience with Family Promise? God is doing some great things.

0 Responses :