6.03.2008

So Good So Far

While I'm away at Annual Conference, I'll take you back to July 2005 with this one:


I have always been amazed at how much I can learn about my faith through my children. The “out of the mouths of babes” is no mere cliché. I was mowing the lawn one afternoon, when Brittani (our oldest) came running with something to say. As she got closer she had a big smile on her face. She looked at the lawn and yelled out, “So good, so far, Dad!” Now, you might recognize this as her attempt to repeat the phrase, “So far, so good.” But you know, I like her version better. So far, so good gives me the impression that I am waiting for something to happen—probably something less than pleasing.

When she told me “So good, so far,” I couldn’t help but think of how God has been SO good, SO far. No matter how “far” along you are in your faith walk, God is good. The best part is He’s the same today as He was yesterday. So, He’ll always be good. We shouldn’t live our days worrying about what bad thing will happen next. Instead try envisioning God working in a miraculous, positive, and real way! And recall, “all things” work for the good.

0 Responses :