3.05.2012

Why your worship is boring

What is worship? Why do we worship? Who is worship for? When do we worship? Where do we worship?


Those are some of the questions I asked myself as I prepared this sermon for yesterday. The sermon is entitled Why Your Worship is Boring. In part it's boring, I suggest, because we focus way to much on music and stain-glass windows. Of course, there are other things, too.  The psalmist said that "from you [God] comes my praise in the great congregation" (Psalm 22:25).  Most of us still think our praise comes from being tradition or contemporary.  No wonder our worship is boring.

What about your worship?  How many dry spots do you have in worship?  What elements of worship are most meaningful to you?  And, perhaps most importantly, what does your worship say about God?


++If you are reading by email or news reader, click here to listen to the sermon.++

0 Responses :