9.10.2007

A Book I Squeezed In


I recently finished a book that was loaned to me by a church member.
not much just chillin: the hidden lives of middle schoolers

So did a great job, I think, of capturing the image of what many of middle school students deal with. It can be a daunting task to pinpoint the particular characteristics of many of these students. Many of them may fit into a particular category, but they are dealing with so much and changing so much that you run the risk of missing who they are by figuring their type.

The middle schooler is a unique creature. When I substituted several years ago there was one grade that I did my very best to stay away from--6th grade. That is generally where they are realizing they have attitudes, and they are figuring out how to work them.

But I would be missing so much joy if I didn't work with them. Stay blessed...john

0 Responses :