3.28.2011

Many Me

Yesterday's sermon was entitled Many Me. I wanted to focus on the "many" and "many more" part of the story, among other things, John tells about the Samaritan woman Jesus met at the well of Jacob. Once I said it I couldn't get it out of my mind. Every time I said the "Samaritan women" it took everything I had not to repeat it this way. So, I'll just have to make a parody for us all to enjoy.

The Samaritan woman (I'm singing) has become a new hero of the Bible for me. Among other things, her question to Jesus is a great way to introduce, emphasize and encourage theological dialogue, asking questions and Bible study. One person told me yesterday she had heard that story all her life, but never thought of the Samaritan woman (singing again) like this.

If you are reading by email, click here to listen to the sermon Many Me.



Stay blessed...john

2 Responses :

Anonymous said...

Maybe you will want to put a twitter icon to your website. I just marked down this article, although I must do it by hand. Simply my suggestion.

Richard Hobart said...