12.14.2007

Something to take with you

Today I've been cleaning house (office, that is). While going through stacks of magazines (and wondering how long is too long to keep old editions), paperwork (wondering why I hadn't turned that in yet) and CDs (wondering how did I use to carry all those in my car) I came across a publication full of sermons, illustrations and quotes. This particular one was called The Tool Chest, edited by someone named James Crawford.

Here are some thoughts I kept from these:
A home without family worship is like a house without a roof-exposed to every storm that rages.

A pessimist is a person who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.

The real test of will-power is to have the same ailment someone else is describing and not mention it.
"Where," said the woman orator," would man be without woman? Where? Where?" Here she paused for effect. "Where, I ask, WHERE would man be without woman?" From the top gallery came a voice, "In the Garden of Eden, eating luscious strawberries."

If it goes in one ear and out the other, it's probably wisdom. If it goes in one ear and out the mouth, it's gossip!

To do God's work we must have God's power. To have His power, we must know His will. To know God's will, we must study God's word.


Stay blessed...john

0 Responses :