8.13.2007

Listen Listen, Love Love

This morning I took my final, and the Summer Session is now over. We'll begin again in the next couple of weeks. So, for the next couple of days I'll be catching up on some of my reading and putting more focus on some church projects scattered across my office wall.

Next month we'll be participating in the KAIROS Torres #18 walk in Hondo. This will be the third walk Gloria and I have been a part of. What a blessing! If you've never had an opportunity to go, you might want to give it some serious thought. I understand about schedule and all that--trust me I do. But the time put in is nothing compared to the joy of ministry that happens during a weekend.

At our first team meeting we are always asked why we are a part of the KAIROS ministry. For me, I give the same answer. As a pastor/teacher/someone who loves ministry I love to see God work; God does some working on a KAIROS walk. No, I don't consider myself a "KAIROS junkie," as some will profess to being; that sounds a little too ....? I don't know, I'm just not there.

Anyways, I'm presenting to you all an opportunity to be a part of this walk with one of several ways. Of course, they won't all be applicable to everyone since many of you are no where near Hondo. Perhaps this will just be for you a step in considering further involvement in your area; I'm totally O.K. with that!

  • During a weekend we will make use of 3,000 dozen cookies (do the math, that's a lot of cookies); those can be made by anyone.
  • Prayer is very important to all the team members; there are people praying throughout the entire weekend. Anyone can sign up to fill in a slot of the weekend.
  • You may want to write a letter of encouragement to inmates.
  • Place mats are used for meals and inmates really appreciate the special messages on those--especially those from little children.
  • We all are responsible for raising enough funds to cover ourselves and one inmate; of course, that is another you can help.
  • Closing ceremonies are a way to see some of the work of a weekend. People are invited to attend this ceremony (the inmates don't know about it....shhhhh!)
There it is. I would love to chat with you about some of these things. Pray about it, and let me know. There are some restrictions on a few of the things above. These are for security purposes. So, please let me know what you would be interested in doing so I can give you those details. You guys ROCK! Stay blessed...john

0 Responses :