6.16.2010

Playing Not So Great


Growing up, I never played basketball. It wasn’t because I didn’t like the game. In fact, I loved playing. In my mind, however, I was never good at it. Later I realized I might have been better than I thought. You want to know what my problem was? Surprisingly, at hard as I tried, I never made every shot. Ridiculous? Maybe, but my young eyes saw every professional shot go straight through the hoop. How could I ever play a game like that? Just the same, we often set ourselves up the when it comes to a life of faith.

Trust me, none of us get it right all the time—no matter what you think. There are times of failure, missed opportunities and just being wrong. That doesn’t mean, though, that we’re not good enough. The great thing about faith is it isn’t a game. There are no winners or losers; no one is keeping score, trying to defeat you. We have been shown the great power of God’s love. There is no earning it or being good enough to attain it. You accept it and learn to live in the fullness of it. So, get out and play!

0 Responses :