Skip to main content

Let them grow

This weekend, we traveled to Corpus Christi to celebrate our son's birthday. Well, that was the excuse to visit our newborn granddaughter. 

Knowing I would be spending the day with our kids and driving for 4+ hours later, I needed to make time to do some reading. So, I woke up early Saturday morning and went downstairs to the hotel lobby. There was only one other person downstairs. The crew was still getting breakfast ready. The only real noise was The Weather Channel going on in the background.

I wasn't paying too much attention to the TV until I heard something that I thought I had just read. My reading was about church innovation. In particular, a theme of my reading was about nurturing saplings to grow. While I was reading these pages, an apple farmer was on The Weather Channel. He was talking about how some trees grow more fruit than others. Weather conditions can impact individual trees in different ways. Then he said something like, "That's why we plant more than one tree."

You can read this excerpt from The Innovative Church to see how that relates. 

Stay blessed...john



Comments