7.18.2011

Gloria's Surprise 35


Wow! What a weekend. Saturday was Gloria's 35th birthday. I had planned her party for over a month. There were so many details I had to keep to myself so that I would encourage any kind of suspicion on her part. And it worked!

The kids and I made the morning a pretty routine one. We sat around a little and then went to eat lunch. Some of us from our church went to one of our nursing homes to deliver gifts for our United Methodist Women Christmas in July party. After that I arranged for Gloria's brother to pick her up and keep her out of the house while the rest of us got everything in order.

Of course, I did not do this. It was kind of like being at church. As pastor many times people give you credit for an event or project when in fact it was everyone else who worked much harder than you did. That was the case for Gloria's party. Other people cooked, decorated, spent money, sent birthday notes, brought gifts, and arranged things. I cannot thank you enough. I am sure it was all a blessing for Gloria, and I know the party and all the effort that went into it was a blessing to me as well.

For those of you who could not attend the party we have a small treat for you. Here is a short video of our surprise. You look at her face and decide if she is surprised.

++If you are reading by email, click here to view Gloria's surprise party.++



Thank you again. It was fun and memorable.

0 Responses :