11.19.2007

Confession is Good for the Blog

Adventures in Revland first did this (that I saw) and I thought it was an alright thing to do.

I wrote these out in my mind long before I ever wrote them here. As the writing continued I noticed it became very therapeutic. And away we go....

I confess that writing this was entirely too much fun.

I confess I dislike church meetings.

I confess my inability to stay organized for a long period of time.

I confess that I do get disappointed with the church more than I'll ever acknowledge (again).

I confess my ignorance of Jewish holidays and festivals; I always forget what was supposed to be done when.

I confess my desire to be a nerd (in disguise).

I confess that I probably have too many Mariah Carey singles on my IPOD.

I confess that I really think that's okay.

I confess I don't spend (20) hours working on a sermon...though maybe someday I will.

I confess sometimes I miss Galveston.

I confess that leaving churches (for a new appointment) is difficult for me.

I confess my disdain for prosperity gospel.

I confess it's been a long time since I confessed anything.

I confess I love, no really, love to teach.

I confess I joke around too much.

I confess my ears get really red when I'm ticked, but trying to maintain composure (see confession #2).

I confess I probably lean towards a more "conservative" faith.

I confess that I find this funny.

I confess I've spent too long on this....

I'm sure I'll be doing this again. Try it. Stay blessed...john

2 Responses :

I confess that I enjoyed and identified with much of your list.

-- Ray

John said...

Heh. That is a funny song.